Monday, June 27, 2011

Polymer Clay such a flexible medium

cottage inspired clay pieces
I've been fascinated with polymer clay for almost 20 years...........wow, can it be that long?  It never ceases to amaze me how many different types of things can be made with this amazing medium.  Jewelry, trinkets, fanciful sculptures, dolls, garden items, I really can't even begin to list them all.

For me it's always been about the roses.  I've been working on my technique ever since I held my first piece of Sculpy (currently my favorite is Premo).  I've done some cake tops (my own actually WAY back in 1990) and some other things like miniatures, but still after all this time, it's the roses I love to make.  I'm thrilled at the look of them when one of my furniture appliques is complete or a new piece of jewelry.  I don't know why the pull to creating roses but truly it's my passion. 

Creating with polymer clay is such a rewarding activity and things that can be made from it are near to limitless, especially with the molds, colorants and tools available now.  I encourage everyone to give it a try.  For inspiration, please visit Trina's Trinkets, you may even see a familiar blogger there under "Part 21 - The Polymer Clay Artwork of PCETeam.

No comments: