Tuesday, June 23, 2009

back buttering the appliques

Since I created the polymer appliques I decided to back them with wood filler to give them a little more substance.......they're drying now but I think making them a little thicker won't since, especially since my kids are not going to be that gentle with them.

I'll have to take pictures of my unfinished armoire so when it's all done you can really see the difference. I know I can't wait but maybe I'm a little nervous because it's taking me longer than it should to really get going on it. Maybe a little worried that I'll mess it up - it's my first project like this. I've done some spray painted pieces (in white of course) but this time I'm 'doing it right' with brushed on paint and then coating with wax. I think the luster will be terrific.


No comments: