Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Creating faux wood appliques





Hi everybody, here is my introduction to blogging.

My favs.....cottages on a lake, cottage style, gardening, flowers, reading, facebook, painting, playing with polymer clay, making jewelry and trying to figure out how to make all those expensive things I see in catalogs.


I thought it would be fun to repaint this large armoire we have in the sunroom. Currently my sons keep toys in it, but some day it will be mine to have as a craft cabinet or something else fun so why not paint it how I like now, right?

I love the site like Bella Cottage http://www.thebellacottage.com/ and the beautiful white furniture with appliques on them. Well, don't have a lot of extra money right now (just lost my job recently) so I thought I'd try my hand at making some appliques myself from polymer clay. I think the first tries came out pretty well. Now to figure out how they should be attached.....

No comments: