Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sometimes you just need to do it

Well, I've had the urge to play with clay lately as you can see by my recent posts. I'm still in the mood and still playing. I've been working on 'pieces' for a shabby chic cottage birdhouse for the garden. I made the little sign post, which may end up being black to replicate iron and I also made a few fun flowery pieces to attach.

Sometimes, even though there is no real purpose to it, sometimes I think you just need to do it. To create it. To produce those ideas that flood your head to come out of your hands and into space.

I feel guilty that I'm spending time working on something that won't bring income to my family - is that OK? I'm not sure. It's not like things aren't difficult but I'm hoping just the act of creating has some merit in itself. I hope even though there is no real 'profit' from doing something you love, that the act is still a worth while endeavor.

Do other 'creative' people struggle with these questions too.........do you?

No comments: