Friday, November 19, 2010

Close encounter with Art




A few weeks ago I was fortunate enough to meet the artist Jim Shore. Now, I'm not a crazed collector but I certainly do have a some of his pieces. And, how can you not admire someone who has turned his love of art into such an amazing business.

I have to admit that I had some preconceived notions that he'd just be going through the motions and trying to push his fans through, but that was not the case. Jim.....Mr. Shore.....took time to share a family story with my son and I. I got the distict that feeling that he is completly genuine and really was happy to meet some fans. It must be difficult to meet with hundreds of people and see each one as an individual moment. I give him a lot of credit, because even the most sincere person would find it tiring after awhile, no matter how much he wanted to be there.

I loved my close encounter with fame and will treasure the Jim Shore signed pieces from that day.

No comments: