Saturday, December 11, 2010

Chirstmas In Full Swing

Currently I'm working on some handmade Christmas items. The latest are these 3D Christmas Trees. My brother has decided not to put up a Christmas Tree this year, much to my dismay, so I wanted to come up with something of simple beauty to dangle from his swags. I used artist paper that is a little bit lighter weight than watercolor, but much heavier than even expensive copy paper. It also has a wonderful texture that I'm sure is not showing here. I drew out my design and repeated 3 times, cutting out each piece with an exacto-knife. I sewed them up the center and added the bead and ribbon at the top and glitter. The two outside paper cuts have been bent but the center one says flat. But the wonderful thing is that these will lay flat for packing.

No comments: